Skip to main content

The Habit of a Daily Time with God – part two

 Victim or Victor - What is your mindset?

Victor says: I have a purpose; how can I overcome; I will never stop learning; I will be pleasant.

Victim says: Poor me; Life's too hard; I won't learn; I will be abrupt

QUOTE: The poor say "I can't afford it"............ "The rich say; how can I afford it"

The poor say I cannot do this   ------- The prosperous say how can I do this.

Take your Salvation and treasure it. Remember it is yours.

3. You cannot be an effective Christian without The Habit of a Daily Time with God. Matthew 4:4 But Jesus answered, “The scripture says, Man cannot live on bread alone, but needs every word that God speaks. ("But He answered and said, 'It is written, "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."' 

This verse is from the account of Jesus being tempted by Satan in the wilderness. Satan tempts Jesus to turn stones into bread, but Jesus responds by quoting Deuteronomy 8:3, emphasizing the importance of living according to God's word rather than satisfying physical desires. This verse teaches us that our spiritual needs are more important than our physical ones, and that we should prioritize following God's word in our lives.) As we read the word of God and with God the Holy Spirit, God will call us to remember the word to help us when we need it.

(Job 23:10-12) Yet God knows every step I take; if He tests me, He will find me pure, I follow faithfully the road He chooses, and never wander to either side. I always do what God commands; I follow His will, not my own desires.

These verses express Job's faith in God's plan for his life, despite his difficult circumstances. Job acknowledges that God is testing him and that he has closely followed God's path without deviating from it. He also expresses a deep reverence for God's words and considers them more valuable than his physical needs.

(Psalm 119:9) How can a young man keep His life pure? By obeying Your (God’s) commands.

This verse from Psalm 119, speaks about the importance of living according to God's word in order to stay pure and on the right path. The Psalmist is encouraging people to follow and obey the teachings of God's word as a way to maintain their purity and avoid temptation and sin. It is often seen as an exhortation to follow the guidance of scripture in order to live a righteous life.

The Purpose of a Daily Quiet Time with God

·        (Psalm 29:2). To give devotion to God. Praise the Lord’s glorious name; bow down before the Holy One when He appears. 

·        (Psalm 25:4-5). To get direction from God through His Word. Teach me Your ways, O Lord; make them known to me. Teach me to live according to Your truth, for You are my God, who saves me. I always trust in You.

These verses from Psalm 25 express a deep longing for guidance and instruction from God. The Psalmist is asking God to show him the correct path to follow and to teach him the truth. He also expresses a strong reliance on God as his saviour and source of hope. The Psalmist is also recognizing that God is the one who guides him and teaches him on a daily basis, and he is asking for God's continued guidance and instruction.

(Proverbs 4:26) Plan carefully what you do, and whatever you do will turn out right.

(Proverbs 3:6) Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way.

(Psalm 37:5) Give yourself to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will help you. Focus on the importance of trusting in God and committing our lives to Him. The verse encourages us to turn over the authority of our lives to the Lord and trust that He will guide us and take care of us. This message can be especially relevant for those who are feeling anxious or uncertain about the future. To emphasize that, no matter what happens in life, we can have peace and confidence knowing that God is the authority in all things. By committing our lives to Him, we can have faith that He will work everything out for our good.

How good it is to give thanks to You, O Lord, to sing in Your honour, O Most High God. (Psalm 92:1)       

(Psalm 4:3). Remember that the Lord has chosen the righteous for His own, And He hears me when I call to Him.       

So that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me. (Galatians 2:20)

4. To gain delight in God

(Psalm 37:4). Seek your happiness in the Lord,

And He will give you your heart’s desire.

(Psalm 16:11). You will show me the path that leads to life;

Your presence fills me with joy

And brings me pleasure forever.

The better I get to know Christ, the more I love Him. The purpose of a quiet time with Jesus is not to study about Christ, but to actually spend time with The Lord so we know Him through relationship.

5. To grow daily like Christ

(2Peter 1:3-4). God’s divine power has given us everything we need to live a truly religious life through our knowledge of the one who called us to share in His own glory and goodness. In this way He has given us the very great and precious gifts He promised, so that by means of these gifts you may escape from the destructive lust that is in the world, and may come to share in the divine nature.

Start each day with a commitment to get to know your Father in heaven a little more. Whatever time you set; be consistent.

"Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that I don't deserve your love. But I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that you raised him from the dead. I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. I want to turn away from my sinful ways and follow you. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. I want to be a new person in Christ. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen." 

This prayer is based on the biblical passages Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, and Romans 10:9-10. 

It's important to understand that asking the Holy Spirit to come into your life is just the beginning of your journey as a follower of Jesus. The Holy Spirit will guide and empower you to live a life pleasing to God and to share the good news of Jesus with others. Remember to spend time in prayer and in reading the Bible, and to seek out fellowship with other believers who can encourage and support you in your faith.


Comments

Popular Posts

Where do we find Encouragement and Strength in our lives?

This week Ps Phyllis shared with us on "Where do we find Encouragement and Strength in our lives?" Ps Phyllis shared with us some of the story of Captain Charles Sturt who discovered the Murray River (ref:page 51 Australia's Christian Heritage) Winston Churchill said: "Never, never, never, never give up." What encourages you? Checklist of an encourager: 1 Thessalonians 5:11-23  Build each other up - point out a good quality in them 1 Thessalonians 5:12  Respect leaders - look for ways to cooperate 1Thessalonians 5:13  Live in peace - search for ways to get along with others.  Don't get offended by their behaviour.  Give it to the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 5:14  Warn the idle - challenge someone to join you in a project or ministry 1 Thessalonians 5:14 Help the weak - support those who are weak by loving and praying for them 1 Thessalonians 5:14  Be patient - plan ahead by praying and listening to the Lord when you know of a situation coming up s

The Voice of Experience

Bible readings from Sunday 16th January Message: Acts 17:26-27 Galations 6:7 Genesis Chapter 1:1 Eccelesiates Chapter 3 Romans 2:14-15 Ecclesiates 2:18 1 Corinthians chapter 13 Matthew 5:1-12 10 Commandments - Exodus chapter 20:1-17 We want the world to be fair, but it isn't.  Our view of what is fair may be different from another's view of what is fair.  People deny the existence of God, but that does not mean God does not exist.  Walk through Israel and surrounding areas to see historical evidence.  Look at creation.  Genesis chapter one verse 1 says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." We don't know from one day to the next what will happen but God is our constant.  We are not here to build "castles" but to proclaim the Message and when we're done we take the Father's hand and go home. The following story shows us the voice of experience - we can learn a lot from a child's perspective... Sandcastles by

Atherton Tablelands ANZAC Day Services for 2011

Lest We forget...

Verse of the Day

Prayer Points

For Christians to unite in the one mission to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For our fellow Australians . For our Australian National, State and Local Government Leaders. For Marriages to be strong. For our Armed Forces personnel. For our Elderly citizens. For our children to be loved and cared for. Pray for our local Christian Radio Stations - Vision Christian Radio ; 92.3 FM . Pray for our the leadership at TCC. Pray for Chaplains who serve across the Tablelands.

Australians in Mission Together

Supporting Christian Community Churches

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *


We believe a great committment to the greatest commandment and the great commission will grow a great church

We are a Christian Community Church of Australia